Wednesday, August 5, 2009

busy days away and my new bff

I've been MIA for a few days now.. wait wait, I can explain :) Thomas and I are headed to Williamsburg, VA for a 4 days coming up and I've been tying the last few loose ends of the vacay! Don't worry it's not for another 10 days or so, I'm not leaving you so soon. The last few days, besides planning have been pretty relaxing. I haven't been crafting as much since my partner in crime is away again :) but I have been busy. Thomas bought me a new toy....
For any of my fellow iphoners/ipod owners out there, let me introduce you to my new best friend, The Nike+. This little baby is every runners dream. It is a non complicated way to track distance, time, pace, calories burned, and when syncing to your computer it even shows you the path you ran. All you have to have is an iPod Nano, or iTouch/iPhone the little orange device up top is sold seperately for 19$ (we didn't know that and bought the combo package with iPod hook up, for the Nano) The little orange and white thingy goes into the sole of your Nike shoes (too bad I have Addidas we still have to perform surgery so I don't have a rock in my shoe). You pick your music playlist and press play, the timer starts going as soon as the music starts playing.
That's a photo from the app you would have on your Touch or iphone. Choose your workout and go. I was a very happy camper when Thomas said he was going to get it for me! Now, I want to run all the time! I highly suggest this little friend to anyone who loves to run or wants to get into running!
Last night was a fun one, Thomas and I did a little date night- to make up for all the time he spent working last week- he took me to dinner and we saw Funny People at the movies :) Honestly, I am a huge Adam Sandler fan and I didn't think it was that funny. I'm not very rash or vulgur and there were a lot of male genitilia jokes... if you know what I mean :/ Maybe you have to be a dude to think those were funny but it was just okay for me.
Today I shredded and walked the dog. I'm ready for a post workout snack and a nap! :)
Bye for now,

1 comment:

  1. oh how cool!! I will have to get one!! Hope you have a fabulous day!! hugs!! Britt :-)

    ReplyDelete