Thursday, June 18, 2009

today was our lucky day!

You know how hard it is to find that perfect dress, ladies? And then we're expected to find the shoes to match? Ugh, I've been there quite a few times. Well I think I'll bring Kira with me from now on as we came for one and left with three! We were in search for a dress worthy of a fancy convention that she's attending with her boyfriend's family next week. First we came across these...

(I'm on the left)

And after debating we decided that the one she's in is too sexy for the convention, but perfect for her trip to Florida coming up next month, at 24.99 she scored on that on. The dress I'm in is Jones New York and wait, drum roll... totaled at 15.99, what a steal!

We headed out of JC Penny's and into Macy's and Kira and I agreed that Calvin Klein made this dress for her.


Here's my Proof^


It's such a pretty green color and it just pops with her skin :)













We found the perfect shoes to match after a quick bite to eat.















And then we headed to JoAnn's Fabrics to pick up some supplies to start my fabric box craft. I'll post instructions on that as I get going on it!
There was this cute antique/thrift shop next to it called Chesapeake Treasures so of course we had to go inside! I found these antique candle holders for 1$ each...















I love the little details on them!





I have also been saying forever that I have wanted a spice rack for our kitchen, but have never invested in one simply because they are an "investment" in themselves. So overtime I have bought a spice here and there and pretty much have a makeshift collection in a cabinet. So imagine my surprise when I found this wooden spice rack at the antique shop.
I'll most likely paint it to match our new kitchen when that time comes, but for 4$ I couldn't pass it up!

I'm going to make it an early night tonight as me and Thomas will both be waking tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn to beat the lines tomorrow and purchase our new Iphones. Yep, because I totally seem like the type of person who would be into all that kind of stuff. :)

I'm off to figure out how to start my next project!
Thanks for reading,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. that green dress is awesome! i love emerald! have fun waiting in the Iphone line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I plan on bringing a pillow just in case ;)

    ReplyDelete